Chocolate cake is my go-to comfort food.
And this eggless, dairy-free chocolate cake is made for almost everyone – from the vegetarians to the chocaholics.
The cake is moist, chocolatey and so very satisfying.
Eggless chocolate cake ingredients
For this recipe, I used:
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- cocoa powder
- cinnamon powder
- vegetable oil
- citrus juice like lemon juice (although lime and orange will work well)
- essence like cocoa or vanilla
- chocolate chips (this is optional but adds nice bursts of chocolate within the cake)
That’s it for what I used.
How to make chocolate cake without eggs
Step 1: Before getting started, be sure to preheat the oven at 350°F.
Mix the batter
Step 2: Sift the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl. Add the baking soda, cinnamon powder, sugar and salt and give everything a good mix.
Step 3: Next, add all of the wet ingredients to a separate bowl. Whisk the water, oil, lemon juice, and cocoa essence together.
Step 4: Combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Mix thoroughly until the batter is lump-free.
Step 5: Pour the batter into a buttered and floured cake pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Here I sprinkled in some chocolate chips on top.
Step 6: Remove from the heat and allow to cool down. You can also frost the cake or pour chocolate sauce over it after it has cooled.
More cake recipes
Eggless, Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake Recipe
Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp citrus juice like lemon
- 1 tsp cocoa essence (or vanilla essence)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 350°F.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder together in a bowl.
- Mix in all other dry ingredients (baking soda, cinnamon powder, sugar and salt).
- Set aside.
- Add water, oil, lemon juice and cocoa essence to a separate bowl.
- Whisk thoroughly.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients.
- Whisk to combine until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a floured and buttered cake pan (9 inch works well).
- Sprinkle chocolate chips onto the batter (optional).
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Add icing or frosting if desired before serving.