If rum, citrus and sugar sound like a good time, then you have to try this easy daiquiri recipe. It is refreshing, easy to make and perfect for summer.
Daiquiri is actually a tiny village in Cuba that was invaded during the Spanish-American war in the late 1890s. The drink is believed to have been invented by an American around that time.
As an Amazon associate, I may earn a small commission on qualifying purchases.
Ingredients for daiquiri
To make this cocktail, I used:
- light rum: a good quality white rum will do well in this recipe, although I have used the cheaper, Trini white rum brands and the drink was still really good. You can also try blended, spiced and even aged rum here for more depth of flavor, but the color of the drink will change completely.
- simple syrup: to even out the citrus and rum, use simple syrup. I have an entire post dedicated to making your own simple syrup here. Batch make the syrup and store in the fridge. It will last for weeks.
- lime juice: Fresh lime juice is great in this recipe.
Equipment for this recipe
No special equipment is needed for this recipe. I did use my handy bartender kit by Aozita which I got from Amazon, but it isn’t necessary here.
How to make this daiquiri recipe
To make daiquiri, mix together 6 parts light rum, 3 parts lime juice and 2 parts simple syrup. Scale up this recipe to make for a crowd. You can even batch make the drink the day before your get-togethers and parties.
Step 1: It’s entirely optional to make garnishes for your drink. Lime slices are great, lime wedges and twists also work here.
Step 2: Clean, slice and squeeze fresh limes.
Step 3: Make your own homemade simple syrup by adding equal parts water and sugar to a small pot on medium heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar, bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes or so. The syrup will thicken slightly at this point. Turn off the heat and allow to cool completely.
Step 4: Add ice, light rum, fresh lime juice and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker or glass. Stir or shake to mix thoroughly.
Step 5: Strain and serve cold with your prepped garnish.
Easy daiquiri recipe
Simple Daiquiri Recipe
- cocktail shaker (optional)
- 1½ oz light rum
- ¾ oz lime juice
- ½ oz simple syrup (use ¼ cup sugar and ¼ cup water)
- Prep garnish (like lime slices).
- Clean, slice and squeeze fresh limes.
- Strain the juice.
- Add sugar and water to a small pot on medium heat. Stir to dissolve.
- Bring to a boil. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Cool completely.
- Mix together ice, rum, lime juice and simple syrup.
- Pour into martini or cocktail glasses. Garnish and serve cold.