A spin-off to the popular kamikaze drink, blue kamikaze is a tasty, citrusy mixed drink with a gorgeous cobalt-blue color. The color and sweetness are due to blue curacao. And vodka with lime juice make it a wonderful party.
Blue kamikaze can be served as a cocktail or a shot and is sometimes called kamikaze shot blue. The word kamikaze is Japanese for divine wind and may have originated among the American navy stationed in Japan after WWII.
As an Amazon associate, I may earn a small commission on qualifying purchases.
Blue kamikaze drink ingredients
For this drink, you will need:
- vodka: I highly recommend using a premium vodka, especially one you really enjoy. You can also try the drink with flavored vodka if you like. I have used lemon-infused vodka to make this drink before and it tastes so good!
- blue curacao: this is a Caribbean, citrus liqueur similar to triple sec but contains artificial blue coloring, which gives it a vibrant, cobalt color. There are lots of blue curacao choices on Amazon – both the Monin syrup and the Maison Routin one are great options.
- lime juice: nothing beats freshly squeezed juice in this recipe, but if limes are not available, you can always use store-bought lime juice.
Equipment for this recipe
I used my handy cocktail shaker (from this bartender kit by Aozita) for this recipe, but it isn’t completely necessary. If you love yourself a good cocktail though, there are lots of beautiful bartender kits on Amazon.
Shop this post
How to make blue kamikaze drink
For this recipe, I used 1 part vodka, 1 part blue curacao and 1 part lime juice. Use this combo to scale up the drink recipe and make cocktails or shots for everyone!
Step 1: Prep your garnish if you plan to use them with the drink. I love using maraschino cherries, lime wedges, slices, and twists.
Step 2: Wash, cut and squeeze the lime to make fresh lime juice.
Step 3: Add the lime juice to your cocktail shaker along with ice, vodka, and blue curacao. Cover and shake, shake, shake.
Step 4: Strain the drink and serve as a cocktail or shot. Garnish and serve cold immediately.
Blue kamikaze drink recipe
Blue Kamikaze Drink
- ¾ oz vodka
- ¾ oz blue curacao
- ¾ oz fresh lime juice
- cocktail shaker
- Prep your favorite garnish like lime wedges or maraschino cherries.
- Wash the lime. Cut and squeeze the juice. Remove any seeds or pulp.
- Add lime juice, ice, vodka and blue curacao to a cocktail shaker.
- Cover and shake.
- Pour into a prepared cocktail, martini or shot glass.
- Garnish and serve immediately.