Want to reduce your overall carb intake? Then you have to try my zucchini noodles with garlic recipe. It’s guilt-free and so simple to make.
To make this zucchini noodles recipe, simply spiralize the fruit before adding to sautéed garlic on medium heat. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes and serve hot!
As an Amazon associate, I may earn a small commission on qualifying purchases.
Ingredients for zucchini noodles
For this recipe, I used:
- zucchini: I’ve actually grown zucchinis before – their vines can handle the Caribbean heat and the plants are fairly low maintenance. For this recipe, I got the zucchinis at my local farmers’ market.
- garlic: This is one of the main flavorings for this recipe. You can crush, grate, mince, chop or prepare the garlic however you like.
- pepper: I used pepper flakes for this recipe, but you can use fresh peppers like chilis and pimentos or try powdered versions like paprika and cayenne.
- oil: I usually make this recipe with olive oil, but avocado, grapeseed and any neutral oil will be great here.
You can also add in any of your favorite herbs like oregano, rosemary, thyme and more. Add in some tomato sauce and parmesan cheese too! Tweak this recipe to your preferences and enjoy it.
Equipment for this recipe
To make zucchini noodles, you should use a spiralizer. I’m using a tiny, simple-to-use one that doesn’t take up a lot of space in my cupboard. But, you can get fancier ones like these from Amazon:
- Manual, heavy-duty spiralizer and slicer (Brieftons)
- Electric spiralizer and slicer (Hamilton Beach)
How to make zucchini noodles with garlic
Prepare the ingredients
Step 1: Wash the zucchinis thoroughly with warm soapy water before rinsing off. Cut both ends off the zucchinis. At this point, you can peel the zucchinis if you prefer. I often leave the peels on for the extra fiber.
Step 2: Position one zucchini securely in the spiralizer. Use the equipment as instructed to form beautiful, long noodles. For the one I am using, I popped the spiked cover into one end of the zucchini and placed the other end into the cone with the blade. Then, I turn the zucchini itself until there is very little to hold.
At this point, it’s time to turn the spiked cover until most of the zucchini is spiralized. The center of the fruit will be left along with a conical end piece. Feel free to chop these sections up and use them in this recipe. Repeat for the other zucchini.
Step 3: Wash, peel and chop the garlic cloves.
Cook the zoodles
Step 4: Place a saucepan on medium heat. Add the oil and allow to heat up for a minute or two.
Step 5: Add the chopped garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. You can cook it a tad bit longer but you don’t want the garlic to brown or possibly burn.
Step 6: Toss in the zucchini noodles. Add the salt and pepper (I’m using pepper flakes) and give everything a good mix to coat the noodles with the garlic oil.
Step 7: Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Step 8: Remove the cover. The zucchini will release water at this point.
Step 9: Turn the heat up to high and cook for 1 or 2 more minutes for the liquid to dry off or until the zoodles are al dente. Serve hot.
Zucchini noodles recipe
Zucchini Noodles with Garlic (easy recipe)
- 2 zucchinis
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper flakes (or any pepper of your choice)
- 1 tbsp oil like olive or avocado oil
- Wash the zucchinis. Cut off their ends.
- Secure one zucchini in the spiralizer as per the equipment instructions.
- Turn to form the zucchini noodles.
- Repeat for all other zucchini.
- Chop remaining pieces that cannot be spiralized.
- Wash and peel the garlic cloves. Chop.
- Place a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add oil and allow to heat up for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add minced garlic. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Mix in the zucchini noodles, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover.
- Cook on high heat for 1 – 2 more minutes to dry out.
- Serve hot.