You’re going to love this banana bread recipe that’s so easy to make and uses up your ripe to overripe bananas. It’s such a comforting treat.
To make banana bread, simply mix all the ingredients together and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 45 to 55 minutes. No special equipment is required here!
As an Amazon associate, I may earn a small commission on qualifying purchases.
Banana bread ingredients
For this recipe, I used:
- ripe bananas: As bananas ripen, their starches convert into sugars making them much sweeter so ripe to overripe bananas are perfect for this recipe.
- butter: unsalted butter is what I usually use.
- brown sugar: adds more flavor to the bread than white granulated sugar. But, you can use white sugar or any of your favorite sweeteners here.
- flour: all purpose flour works well for this recipe.
- baking powder: this acts as a raising agent for the bread which allows it to be lighter and fluffier.
- baking soda: works alongside baking powder as a raising agent.
- cinnamon powder: adds a complimentary, comforting flavor to the banana bread. Feel free to also add in a pinch or two of nutmeg powder.
- vanilla essence: or extract adds another wonderful flavor to the bread. I have also tried the bread with cocoa essence too when I’m adding chocolate chips to the batter.
- additives (optional): for variations to this easy banana bread recipe, you can add 1/4 cup of your favorite additives like raisins, dried fruit, mixed peel, walnuts, and other nuts. Sometimes, I add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to make chocolate chip banana bread or 1/4 cup of cocoa powder to make chocolate banana bread.
Shop this post
How to make this banana bread recipe
Step 1: Preheat the oven at 350°F.
Prep the ingredients
Step 2: Melt the butter. I usually cut the butter into small cubes and pop in the microwave for 30 seconds. If it’s still not melted, I’ll reheat in 10 to 15 second bursts.
Step 3: Crack the eggs.
Step 4: Measure out the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder. Incorporate to make sure they’re fully mixed together.
Mash the bananas
Step 5: Peel the bananas, removing any dark spots. Mash to form a chunky texture if you want bits of banana in your bread. Or mash until smooth.
Add all the ingredients
Step 6: To the mashed bananas, pour in melted butter, beaten eggs, sugar, and vanilla essence. Mix until incorporated.
Step 7: Next add the dry ingredients. Stir to combine. You don’t want any flour pockets, so be sure to mix thoroughly.
Step 8: Pour into a greased and floured bread pan.
Step 9: Bake for 45 to 55 minutes at 350°F. Allow to cool and serve warm or cold.
Banana bread step-by-step
Here’s a quick video on how to make this recipe:
Can you batch make the bread
Double and triple the recipe to make more banana breads. They make excellent gifts, especially for Christmas (or when restaurants are closed and everyone has to stay home).
You can also slice the bread and freeze. Be sure to wrap them tightly or remove the air to prevent freezer burn. The slices can last for months in the freezer.
Place in the fridge overnight to defrost the slice before enjoying. Heat it up for about half a minute in the microwave – the bread always tastes better warm.
Banana bread recipe
Trini Banana Bread Recipe
- 4 ripe to overripe bananas
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter (100 grams)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup optional ingredients like raisins, walnuts, cocoa powder, chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Peel the bananas and remove any dark spots.
- Mash to a chunky consistency.
- Cube the butter and melt in the microwave.
- Add the melted butter to the mashed bananas.
- Mix in sugar, vanilla essence and beaten eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon powder.
- Add to the wet ingredients.
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour into a buttered and floured loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes.
4 thoughts on “Trinidad Banana Bread Recipe”
This recipe is good. I did add a little evaporated milk that gave it a nice texture.
How wonderful! Look out for the video coming soon.
This is sooooo good!
Best Banana bread I have had. My hubby and coworkers gave me many compliments.